Office Chic







[Photography by Jessica Dam]

Top: Ann Taylor (similar here, additional 40% off with code BRSALE until 6/30)
Pants: Madewell
Bag: Burberry
Shoes: Ninewest (my color is no longer available)
Necklace: JCrew

I love wearing jeans on days when I don't have many meetings, and if you can't tell by now... I'm just a little obsessed with Madewell jeans. Often times, however, denim can appear too casual, so I always like to pair a girly and feminine top to dress up the look just in case I get pulled into some last-minute meetings and have to do some client facing.  This blouse from Ann Taylor is the perfect white "basic." The sheer cross back panels add dimension and interest to the shirt, and no I am not wearing a tank top underneath. It is all actually one shirt with two layers, a cotton lining underneath with the chiffon fabric on top. It's such a light fabric and have quickly become one of my go-to shirts when I don't know what to pair my pants with.  I used to steer away from white because it's not as slimming as black and it gets dirty so easily (for whatever reason, I ALWAYS spill coffee on myself when I'm wearing white). Now, it is one of my favorite color because it's such a clean and fresh color, especially for the summer time. Whenever I need to make an outfit look more professional/work appropriate, white is my default color. If you have a color you tend to steer away from, I encourage you to try it out again. You never know, it could be your next go-to color. 

I am heading to San Diego this weekend and to Cozumel, Mexico on Tuesday. I'm taking some much needed time off to relax, unwind and recharge. I won't be posting next week but will be back on my regular schedule on July 6th. Follow me on Instagram (@serendiepityblog) to come along with me on my travel adventures! As always, thanks so much for reading! 
        




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.