Anthropologie Yellow Latticelace Dress






[Photography by Jessica Dam]

|| Outfit Details ||

Dress: Anthropologie  (similar style here)
Shoes: Steve Madden

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. This was the weekend of graduation festivities. I went back to my alma mater (UC Davis) to attend the graduation of one of my closest friend on Sunday. Being back definitely made me nostalgic, but one thing I don't miss for sure is the HEAT! >.< I can't believe it's been three years since I graduated... it still seems like yesterday when I walked across that stage, not knowing what I wanted to do with my life or what the future had in store for me. I was stressing about everything, from my job, relationship, relocation, etc. Fast forward to three years later, I'm still confused at times, but I have learned that life will (for the most part) always work itself out. There's not point in stressing over things or events I cannot control, but what I can do is help steer my life in the path I want to take. This blog is one of those steps. It may have taken three years for me to start, but better late than never. :) 

On another note, I just wanted to share a quick review on this dress that I picked up from Anthropologie a couple of weeks ago while I was looking for a dress to wear to a wedding in the East Coast. I picked this dress up during the additional 20% off sale they were having for Memorial Day, on top of the already reduced price. Although I wasn't completely in love with how it looked on me, I bought it anyway as a back up dress in case I couldn't find anything else in time. While I liked the fun color and lace details, I didn't like the material the lining was made out of (rayon-spandex knit); it wasn't as breathable as I wanted it to be. Also, the waist sits very high up, which isn't the most flattering on my figure. The length is also a tad long, so I would want to take it up one or two inches. I was debating on a 4 or a 6, but ended up going with the 6 since I wanted to be comfortable when I was eating. Another thing I noticed was that the zipper was VERY hard to pull up. I had to have someone help me every single time I tried it on. When I took these pictures, I thought I wanted to keep the dress, but have since decided to return the dress. However, I wanted to share my two cents in case anyone was wondering. Although the dress didn't turn out well for me, there seems to be a lot of others who are in love with the dress. If you want more details, read others' reviews on the Anthropologie page. Online, the price has been reduced again but is no longer available. I tried calling the store closest to me and they still had some in stock. I would recommend calling your local stores if you are interested. 

Thanks for reading. Hope your Monday is off to a great start!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Diep! My first time visiting your blog and I am just realizing your blog name...it's so clever and cute! Too bad the dress didn't work out but the color is very flattering on you! Hope you have a great week!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.