Distressed Jeans & Gingham Shirt








[Photography by Jessica Dam]

|| Outfit Details ||

Jacket: H&M (imilar here)
Jeans: Madewell (similar here)
Shoes: Coach (similar here)
Bag: Tory Burch (older model of the Robinson, or similar here)

Distressed jeans for work? Why not? One of my favorite pair of jeans are these from Madewell. They are so soft and do not stretch with wear. I've had so many pair of jeans that would fit at the beginning of the day, but by the end of the day I am frantically looking for a belt to keep them up. I used to only wear ripped jeans on the weekends as I felt they were too casual for work. However, I have found that pairing them with a button down shirt, a structured coat and a good pair of heels can transform any outfit. I still wouldn't wear these if I'm having a meeting with my VP, but they're good for a casual Friday. They're probably not a good idea if you work for a consulting firm either, but definitely for a tech company in Silicon Valley. Just use your best judgement! :)

Along with a good pair of jeans, I feel that every girl should have a gingham shirt as a closet staple. Gingham is such a timeless print that never goes out of style and looks good on anyone. It is also so versatile! In this outfit I am wearing the gingham shirt with jeans for a more relaxed feel, but it also looks great tucked into a high-waisted pencil skirt with a cardigan and statement necklace for a more put together look. The one that I am wearing is from JCrew Factory, and although I like the fit and cut, it is a pain to wear each time because it gets so wrinkly! I have a steamer so it's pretty quick for me to get the wrinkles out, but if you don't have a steamer and you hate ironing, I would look for another one. If you find one that doesn't wrinkle and is a good quality, please share in the comments below!

On another note, I will be in Napa Valley for the rest of the week for a work conference. If you haven't already, please follow me on Instagram @serendiepityblog for more updates. Just a fair warning... there may be an overabundance of food pictures as I stuff my face. :P As always, thanks for reading - hope your week is off to a great start! 

P.S. Do you think this shirt looks blue and white, or black and white (third pic down looks like it's navy and white!)






No comments:

Powered by Blogger.