Chambray Shirt & Tulip Skirt





[Photography by Jessica Dam]

|| Outfit Details ||

Shirt: Gap (on sale!)
Skirt: Aritzia (on sale, sizes running out fast!)
Shoes: Zara (similar here)
Wallet: Marc by Mac Jacobs (similar here)
Bracelet: Tiffany & Co

Hi everyone! Today's post is a little later in the day than usual. I just got back from a work conference in Napa, and while it's always enriching to attend these sessions, it's usually jam packed with workshops and activities starting early in the morning and late into the evening. I'm glad to be back so I can have some time to blog. Thanks for your patience! :) 

On the previous post, I talked about how a gingham shirt is a closet staple. Along the line of closet staples, a chambray shirt is definitely another item on the list that should be in every lady's wardrobe. I love wearing a chambray shirt to tone down a dressy outfit while still keeping everything put together, like in this outfit. During the summer, I like to bring a chambray shirt with me in case the weather gets cooler. It's also great to wear to the beach with a bikini underneath. You can leave the first few buttons open to show off your bikini top as well. A chambray shirt is one of those pieces that can go with everything and is constantly on repeat for me. 

I picked up this skirt from Aritzia during the recent sale (sizes are limited online but if you live near a store, I would definitely check it out!). The tulip cut adds in some fun details while making it easier to walk in. A common problem I have with these high-waisted skirts is that it's constraining to walk in, but this solves the problem. I had a hard time debating between the grey or black (black is always more slimming), but decided the grey color would be better for the summer.

Thanks for reading and hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.