Laced Up: Zara Top, Nordstrom Shoes & Burberry Bag Review






[Photography by Jessica Dam]

 | | Outfit Details | |

Top: Zara
Cami: Banana Republic (old, similar here and here)
Jeans: Madewell
Shoes: Hinge from Nordstrom
Bag: Burberry
Accessories: Burberry watch

I always look forward to Thursdays because that means Friday is right around the corner. Thursdays also mean happy hour with your coworkers in celebration of the ending work week. I work in downtown so there are many locations with great happy hour menus all within a 10-15 minute walk from my office. Having said that, skinny heels, no matter how comfortable, are not ideal for walking on the sidewalk. That's why these heels by Hinge from Nordstrom are so great. The block heels make them super comfortable to walk in, and the leather doesn't rub against your feet. I can wear these shoes to go shopping for hours without having to worry about any blisters forming! 

I recently purchased this waistcoat from Zara a few weeks ago and have definitely been getting my money's worth out of it. The asymmetrical cut gives it a fun and unexpected element, and the lapels drape nicely on you. One of the key thing I always look for in these types of tops is whether or not it drapes nicely. I can see myself wearing this piece year round, with a long sleeve shirt for Autumn and as a layering piece in Winter. 

Last but not least, I wanted to do a quick review on the Burberry Banner bag for any of you who may be interested. I remember looking around for reviews before deciding to purchase it but there weren't many out there. I originally wanted to get this in black as an everyday work bag, but the black was only available in the smooth leather. This made the bag less structured and more prone to scratches. On the other hand, my navy color came in a grainy leather, which means the scratches were more hidden. I didn't want to have to fuss about protecting the bag especially since I knew it would be going through a lot. I'm glad I went with the navy since it's still a neutral color but different from the typical black. Overall, it's a great bag. I only wish it was slightly bigger so that my laptop would fit, but that is probably a good thing because the heavy weight will make the bag lose its structure quicker. If anyone wants a more in depth review, please leave a comment to let me know! 

Wishing you all a great Mother's Day weekend. Follow me on my Instagram @serendiepityblog if you want to see what I'm getting my mother for her special day!   


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.