Cozumel Recap

Hi everyone! I finally got a chance to go through all the pictures that were taken while my friends and I were in Cozumel. Between my boyfriend and best friend, we managed to take quite a few pictures (all picture credits go to them!). Before diving into them, I wanted to first share with you my travel outfit.


Comfort is essential for me when traveling, especially for longer flights. In total, our flight to Cozumel was a 6 1/2 hour flight, but our layover and delays were an additional 8 hours, for a total of ~15 hours. I'm glad that I picked the comfiest outfit possible. I'm always cold when I'm on the plane so I like to wear long pants or maxi skirts. Although I have a lot of jeans that I love, they just don't compare to these joggers from Aritzia when we're talking about comfort. It is made out of a lightweight woven material (100% viscose) and has an elastic drawstring waistband. I also love the cuffs at the bottom which prevent the pants from draping or dragging on the ground. When you're going through multiple airport security and plane changes, that's definitely a plus. 


I knew that once we arrived in Cozumel, it would be extremely hot (and humid!), so I wore this cami from Topshop underneath a white knit sweater. Thank goodness I did or else I would have melted under the sweater! What I especially love about this cami is the slit at the bottom of the waist (a better picture can be seen on the model). I always wear my shirts half tucked in, and the slit helps it from bunching up or creating awkward lumps around the waistline. This is quickly becoming my favorite basic, and I also have it in the cobalt blue. If you're interested in the top, I highly recommend ordering from Topshop itself rather than from Nordstrom or other department stores. If you order from Topshop, there's no sales tax. Also, if you have a student ID, that is an additional 10% off. Between tax and the discount, you could save about 18% ordering from Topshop directly. Every bit counts!  


The highlight of my trip had to be scuba diving. It was my first time and I'm so glad I did it in Cozumel, where the water was warm with clear visibility. We saw so many corals and marine life such as lobsters, crabs, sea turtles and all sorts of different fish. To be honest, I was very nervous at first as I am not a very strong swimmer and I had an ear infection that recently healed. However, we had an awesome diving instructor that made me feel completely safe and two of my friends were certified and have done it before, so I definitely felt more comfortable. I'm really glad I didn't let my fears get the better of me because it was an amazing experience. Now, all we talk about is where our next vacation should be so we can go scuba diving. I think Cancun is calling my name... :)


Here I am trying to pose underwater, but failing miserably.


We also went snorkeling, kayaking, parasailing and spent a good amount of time chilling by the swim up bar.
    






The swim up bar at night...


There were so many cute little colorful houses in Cozumel, such as these ones.   



One of the Mayan ruins.


Can you spot the iguana? There were so many of these guys all over (at our hotel too), and they were huge!


A blowhole!


And of course, I can't forget the beaches.



This drink is called purple rain, and I was addicted. This was all I drank over there!


We also rented a moped so we can ride to town to explore. It was so hot over there so it nice to have the wind blast against your face.


We did so much in the short time we were there that it's hard to capture it all. These are just snippets of the overall trip. I feel very fortunate to be able to travel and explore different places. Even more, I'm thankful to be able to explore these places with great friends. There was nothing but laughter throughout the trip. They were the ones who made the trip so memorable.  I am already looking forward to the next vacation. As always, thanks so much for reading!



1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.