Battling the Heat - 7 Tips to Keep Cool







[Photography by Jessica Dam]

|| Outfit Details ||
Cami: Topshop
Skort: Aritzia
Sandals: Steve Madden

Summer is in full swing now and while this is one of my favorite seasons, sometimes it is just TOO hot. When it is cold outside I can at least layer up, but when it is 100 degrees outside, there's not much I can do (I can only strip down to so many layers...). Today, I want to share with you 7 tips to keep cool.

Tip #1: Wear flowy pieces - I love wearing this Topshop cami (as shown in picture) during the summer because it's so lightweight and breathable (100% polyester). I cannot stand wearing fitted pieces because I hate how it sticks to my skin, aka, my sweat.

Tip #2: Avoid wearing cotton - I find that whenever I'm wearing cotton, the shirt just soaks up my sweat. By the end of the day, the shirt is so stinky from absorbing so much sweat (TMI, I know) that I can't wait to take it off.

Tip #3: Wear a bralette - the boob sweat struggle is real. Again, this may be TMI, but yes, I do sweat in that area. While I can definitely use the support a full bra, it cannot compete with a bralette in during those hot summer days. I love this bralette from Urban Outfitters because of the super thin straps. I can still wear a tank top or cami without having the strings show (for the most part). Most importantly, my girls can breathe. 

Tip #4: Skip the (junky) accessories - don't get me wrong, I love accessories, but try to stick to daintier and smaller pieces. Your necklace can rub against your sweaty skin which can cause irritation or itchiness, and can also change the color of your accessories.

Tip #5: Skip the (liquid) foundation - try a tinted moisturizer instead. My favorite is this one from Laura Mercier. Unlike liquid foundations which can look splotchy as the day wears on, this tinted moisturizer just disappears into your skin. If your skin is more on the oily side, use a primer before applying and also set with a light powder. 

Tip #6: Use a hydrating spray - just one or two spritz can totally rejuvenate your skin. This one is a splurge, but I do enjoy the Chanel Hydra Beauty Essence Mist ($90). For something more affordable, I have heard good things about Benefit's Rehydrating Mist ($26) or the Evian Mineral Water Spray ($12.50). 

Tip #7: Drink plenty of water - this is an obvious one, but I find myself forgetting to drink water when I'm out and about. This is perhaps the most important tip of all because you definitely don't want to get dehydrated!

And there you have it, 7 tips to battle the heat. Have a good weekend and stay cool! 



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.